Migraines and other headaches are very painful and can have dramatic effects on one's life. Many times, headaches are a result of pinched nerves in the neck or other neurological conditions. Symptoms that signify a migraine headache include a pounding headache, nausea, vomiting, and sensitivity to light or sound. Pain relievers are typically used to treat minor headaches.
Anti-nausea medications are used if nausea is present and medications to prevent or stop headaches can also be prescribed once the appropriate diagnosis is found. At Deuk Spine Institute, we can provide the appropriate testing and diagnosing to determine the cause and treatment needed for chronic headaches and migraines. Book an appointment to get the help you need for your migraines and headaches.
Types of headaches
- Pounding or throbbing pain; moderate to severe
- Pain affecting the whole head possibly shifting from one side to the other
- Nausea or vomiting, upset stomach, abdominal pain
- Blurred vision
- Sensitivity to light, noise and/or odor
- Loss of appetite
- Sensations of being very warm or cold
- Spots or flashing in vision or aura
Episodic (< 15 days/month)
- Moderate constant pain, pressure or throbbing affecting the front, top or sides of the head
- Pain occurs mid-day and last from 30 min. to a few days
Chronic (>15 days/month)
- Pain may vary in intensity throughout the day, but the pain is almost always present
- Pain affects the front, top or sides of the head
- Symptoms of both kinds of tension headaches also include:
- Headache when waking up
- Pain comes and goes over a prolonged period of time
- Sensitivity to light or noise - Mild
- General muscle ache
- Chronic fatigue & Irritability
- Disturbed concentration
- Constant burning or piercing pain on one side of the head or behind the eye lasting 30-90 minutes,
- Sometimes recurs later that day, up to 3 times in one day
- Occur at the same time of the day or night
- Deep and constant pain in the forehead, bridge of nose or cheekbones
- The pain usually intensifies with sudden head movement or strain
- Usually occurs with other sinus symptoms, such as nasal discharge, feeling of fullness in the ears and possibly fever
If you suffer from migraines or headaches, Deuk Spine offers several options ranging from epidural steroid injections to Botox injections to treat your symptoms. Please call us today to schedule a consultation to discuss your options at 321-751-3389.
Are you or a loved one experiencing pain from migraine headaches? Deuk Spine Institute is always accepting new patient inquiries. To learn more about migraine pain, contact us or give us a call at 1-800-FIX-MY-BACK.