Deuk Laser Disc Repair
- Do use an ice pack/hot pack on your back as needed. You can do 20 minutes ice, 20 minutes heat and 20 minutes off.
- Do call the office if you notice and redness, drainage, swelling at the incision site, severe back pain or a fever over 101.5.
- Do call 911 if you require immediate medical attention and are unable to reach your physician.
- Do not lift anything over 20 pounds after surgery, play any contact sports or activities that cause excessive loading or rotation to your spine (i.e.: tennis, bowling, golfing, lifting weights, etc.) until released by your surgeon.
- Do not overdose on pain medication. Please take the medication as written on the directions on the label. You have been provided with prescriptions for pain medication and muscle relaxers only to be taken for symptoms such as moderate to severe neck pain or muscle spasm. Please follow the instructions by your surgeon regarding the use of these. All medication given will not completely relieve your pain but is designed to make it more tolerable.
- If you are fitted with a cervical collar the day of surgery to wear for 6 weeks post operation, do not wear while in the shower or eating.
- Do not soak the incision for 24 hours after surgery. Your incision is covered with steri strips which will curl and fall off in a week or so. You can get the incision wet in the shower.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery the day of your surgery. A caregiver will need to be with you 24 hours.
Deuk Spinal Fusion - Cervical
Deuk Spinal Fusion - Lumbar