Dr. Bharat C. Patel’s credentials include board certifications in sports medicine, physiatry, pain medicine, electrodiagnostic medicine, and interventional pain management. Fewer than one in 10,000 physicians nationwide are quintuple board certified. The highly respected Becker’s Orthopedic, Spine and Pain Management Review included Dr. Patel on their published list: The Best Pain Management Physicians in America. Becker’s has also named Dr. Patel to their exclusive list of the “12 Great Physicians in Florida.”
Last year Dr. Patel was chosen by the Chairman and CEO of the American Society of Interventional Pain Physicians to serve as an examiner for the national American Board of Interventional Pain Physicians examinations. Dr. Patel scored the highest of all physicians in the country when he completed the examination.
Dr. Patel performs both non-interventional and interventional spine pain management therapies. He treats arthritis of the spine and facet joint pain with injections for pain
As a pain management and physical medicine professional, Dr. Patel performs a wide range of tests to determine the cause of spinal pain, such as discography tests. Once the cause of pain is determined and pain management procedures are deemed appropriate, Dr. Patel provides injections to block the transmission of pain signals and a variety of other therapies to help reduce or eliminate pain. He also is an expert in musculoskeletal ultrasound diagnosis and injections.
Dr. Patel has performed over 16,000 procedures under fluoroscopic and ultrasound guidance and consistently receives superior patient satisfaction survey ratings.
- Diplomate, American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Board Certified, Sports Medicine
- Diplomate, American Board of Interventional Pain Physicians
- Diplomate, American Board of Electrodiagnostic Medicine
- Diplomate, American Board of Pain Medicine
- Diplomate, American Academy of Pain Management
- Fellow of Interventional Pain Physicians
Professional Society Memberships
- Congress RPC-Practice Guidelines Committee Chair, 2002-2003
- AAPM&R- RPC (Resident Physician Council), Chicago, IL 60611
- American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- American Society of Interventional Pain Physicians
- International Spine Intervention Society
- American Academy of Pain Management
- American Association of Physicians of Indian Origin
- Florida Association of Physicians of Indian Origin
- Brevard Indo-American Medical and Dental Association
- Brevard County Medical Association, Board of Governors
- American Association of Neuromuscular and Electrodiagnostic Medicine
Education and Credentials
Dr. Patel received his Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery degree from Smt. N.H.L. Municipal Medical College in Ahmedabad, India. The degree is the equivalent of a Doctor of Medicine degree in the United States. He then went on to an internship in the department of surgery at Sound Shore Medical Center of Westchester in New Rochelle, New York, a residency at the New York University School of Medicine, and a fellowship in interventional pain management in Clearwater, Florida. Dr. Patel is a licensed Florida state medical care provider and a U.S. citizen.
Dr. Patel serves as Assistant Professor of Physical and Rehabilitation Medicine at the University of Central Florida’s College of Medicine and is Secretary of the Board of Governors for Brevard County Medical Society.